What is IMMERSE?
IMMERSE is a church-wide Bible reading experience designed to function like a book club. Weekly video introductions, reader-friendly layouts, and daily audio readings help people engage with larger sections of the Bible as a whole. Working through an entire book of the Bible in a short period of time helps people better understand the bigger story and the author’s main points. And weekly book-club-style discussion helps everyone get more out of the readings.
When will it start?
St. Luke is doing a 4-week campaign starting August 6, 2023. Pastor Luke will kick off each week's readings with a matching sermon. So, the first week's reading starts on August 6 and will be discussed in your group on August 13th. We'll cover the books of Joshua through 2 Kings.
August 6-13..............................Week 1 (pp. A15-39)
August 14-20..............................Week 2 (pp. 41-88)
August 21-27............................Week 3 (pp. 89-122)
August 28- September 3......Week 4 (pp. 122-153)
Weeks 5-8 will be a part of our second series sometime in 2024!
How can I read/listen?
- Grab a hard copy of the IMMERSE: KINGDOMS Bible from the info center (suggested donation $10)
- Buy a hard copy on Amazon
- Download the eBook for Kindle or NOOK for $17
How can I join a discussion group?
Discussion groups will start August 13th. Groups are available at different times, including Sundays at 9:30am and Saturdays at 6:00pm. Groups can also meet on Zoom. Once you sign up, we'll contact you to figure out the best group for you.
What other resources are there?
- Weekly video introductions. 4-minute videos to kickstart each week, which can be helpful at the start of group discussion.
- Family devotions. A free resource with a short snippet from each day’s reading and two discussion questions. Pick up a copy in the info center, or download the free PDF.
- Quick start guide. A free resource with an explanation of the IMMERSE approach and tips for getting conversation started, as well as the weekly reading schedule. Click HERE to download.