What is IMMERSE?
- IMMERSE is a church-wide Bible reading experience designed to function like a book club. Weekly video introductions, reader-friendly layouts, and daily audio readings help people engage with larger sections of the Bible as a whole. Working through an entire book of the Bible in a short period of time helps people better understand the bigger story and the author’s main points. And weekly book-club-style discussion helps everyone get more out of the readings.
When will it start?
- St. Luke’s is doing a 4-week campaign in September covering the writings of Luke and Paul (about half of the New Testament!).
- September 8th: Luke
- September 15th: Acts and 1&2 Thessalonians
- September 22nd: 1&2 Corinthians, Galatians, Romans
- September 29th: Philemon, Colossians, Ephesians, Philippians, 1&2 Timothy, Titus
How can I read/listen?
- Reading options:
- Buy a hard copy of the IMMERSE: MESSIAH Bible from the info center for $5
- Download the eBook for Kindle or NOOK for $11
- Listening options (free):
- Go to www.immersebible.com/messiah and scroll down to the audio recordings
- Subscribe to the podcast at Google Play or iTunes (search IMMERSE:Messiah)
What other resources are there?
- Weekly video introductions. 3-minute videos to kickstart each week, which can be helpful at the start of group discussion.
- Family devotions. A free resource with a short snippet from each day’s reading and two discussion questions. Pick up a copy in the info center, or download the digital PDF at www.immersebible.com/messiah
- Group leaders guide. A free resource with an explanation of the IMMERSE approach and tips for leading respectful, encouraging conversation.
How can I join a discussion group?
- Discussion groups will meet Sundays at 9:30 (Starting September 15th). Sign up in the info center, or contact our church office.