What is IMMERSE?
IMMERSE is a church-wide Bible reading experience designed to function like a book club. Weekly video introductions, reader-friendly layouts, and daily audio readings help people engage with larger sections of the Bible as a whole. Working through an entire book of the Bible in a short period of time helps people better understand the bigger story and the author’s main points. And weekly book-club-style discussion helps everyone get more out of the readings.
When will it start?
St. Luke’s is doing a 4-week campaign starting September 12th. We'll cover half of the New Testament, including the writings of Peter, John, and Matthew.
- September 12th: Mark, 1&2 Peter, Jude
- September 19th: Matthew
- September 26th: Hebrews, James, John
- October 3rd: 1-3 John, Revelation
How can I read/listen?
What other resources are there?
- Weekly video introductions. 4-minute videos to kickstart each week, which can be helpful at the start of group discussion.
- Family devotions. A free resource with a short snippet from each day’s reading and two discussion questions. Pick up a copy in the info center, or download the free PDF.
- Group leaders guide. A free resource with an explanation of the IMMERSE approach and tips for leading respectful, encouraging conversation. Click HERE to download.
How can I join a discussion group?
Discussion groups will start September 19th. Groups are available at different times, including Sundays at 9:30am and Saturdays at 6:00pm. Groups can also meet on Zoom. Sign up in the info center, contact our church office, or click the button below to join a discussion group. We'll contact you to figure out the best group for you.